Sunday, November 23, 2014

Delays, New Poems, and Working With Others

Promotional stickers for my book Fucking Poetry
It's been almost two months since I posted my last chapter for my serial fiction piece on this blog. I've been writing new chapters and I have lots to post but I like to work with artists for the cover photo and the latest one has been delayed due to her process and her busy teaching career. Which is fine with me really, I am happy to have anyone donate time and effort to contribute to my writing. In the mean time I have been working on revising and promoting my new Poetry book Fucking Poetry available on paper back on Lulu.com and E-Book all over the place. It's been a fun ride figuring out the world of self promotion and I sure wish poetry was more main stream because an agent would be dandy right about now. Maybe on the next book I can put out some queries out but for now I determined to do everything on my own and see what happens. I've had very good response, albeit small, to this book and I believe it stands out amongst the crowd, it's just time to tell everyone about it. That is why I started networking on Twitter a lot more than I ever have. That has been a fun adventure too since I have been heavy  on Facebook for years but never did much with my Twitter. After really working on it and learning the benefits of hashtags I have picked up a few followers and have begun to interact with other writers frequently.

While waiting for the next piece of art I have also began work on my poetry book dedicated to my Little Gramma and her house. She recently passed away at 91 and they sold her house which bummed me out and inspired me to share how much she and her hospitality affected me. So far these poems have moved me to some deep loving emotional places and I cannot wait to share it with everyone. We all loved my Gramma a ton and this book with hopefully do that love some justice.

I continue to work on my chapters for the Serial fiction story on this blog and once I get the artwork for the next chapter I will post it up. I am hoping to get the next 4 chapters out all within one month. If you want to get your art onto one of my chapters please contact me and let me know and I will send you a chapter to work on. If you happen to purchase one of my books, please review it and let the world know how awesome it was and how you will never be the same after you've read it, or you could be honest whatever floats your boat.

Thanks for reading and tell a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment